Are you looking for an opportunity where you can have a direct impact? Do you enjoy teamwork and would like to connect with our lovable service dogs in training? If so, you have come to the right place.
Our volunteers play an essential part in our mission and the volunteer opportunities we offer can satisfy all of the above and more. We have all sorts of tasks for volunteers who want to help us as there is always something to do at the Medical Mutts training center:
- cutting treats, preparing kong toys
- assisting with enrichment activities
- washing or grooming dogs
- helping with general maintenance tasks
- helping with a building project
- assisting in the training or socializing of the dogs
- transporting dogs from the shelter to our facility
- taking dogs to the vet
- managing dog playgroups
- taking dogs on outings alongside our trainers.
Apply to volunteer
If you are 18 years and older, we would love to see you attend a volunteer orientation where we will present the different ways that you might be able to join our efforts. The orientation requires no obligation to volunteer. If you decide you’d like to pursue volunteering after attending the orientation, you will then have the opportunity to complete a volunteer application and talk it over with our responsible staff. If it is determined that volunteering at Medical Mutts is a good match of your skills and interests to our organization’s needs, we will coordinate with you an appropriate volunteer job and schedule.